August 22, 2015

Barako Haus Coffee Shop Cebu Review



I am excited to write our very first "adventure" related blog post.

Just the night before I took my physician examination, I decided to go out and get some coffee. I asked Emgee to come along with me. (To release my anxiety) LOL

After I picked her up from their house, we were not able to decide right away where to go. I remembered there was this coffee shop situated at the corner of the street, going towards baseline.

So we decided to go there. The place is called BARAKO HAUS.

The Baristas


Here is Aimee and Nerio. Always smiling and very accommodating.

What We Ordered



I ordered a hot cappuccino (Arabica Blend) while Emgee ordered for a Stellina's Pink Lemonade which costs 95 pesos, and 60 pesos respectively. Not bad for the price I guess.

I asked babe about the taste of the Pink Lemonade, she said she'll give it a rating of 6/10. I took a sip and it reminded me of Gatorade, the pink-colored flavor. It was kinda "okay" for me.

I was enjoying my hot cappuccino. I'd give it 10/10. I love coffee. It tastes good and can compete with the other brands like Bos or Starbucks. (Based from my personal sense of taste)


Here is a picture of their menu.


As you can see on top of the menu, they also serve rice meals like Grilled Pork Belly and Pork Sisig just in case coffee will not be enough for your appetite. Pinoy delicacies like cassava cake, adobo pandesal, biko, bingka, and torta cebuana are also available.

Different Blends


I asked their barista regarding the differences of the blends. He said that the Arabica blend is a local bean that's harvested from Mindanao, comprising of 70% of Arabica beans and 30% of other varieties. The Maharlika blend is a pure barako blend from Batangas.

The Sibet Blend is their special coffee. It makes use of Maharlika beans which are ingested by civet cats also known as "Musang". The beans are said to undergo "special" fermentation inside their digestive tract. The beans are then collected from their poop and I don't know what happens next! Just imagine. Haha. The production of this Sibet blend is located on Mount Malarayat, Batangas.

I think that's what makes it special and pricey. In other coffee shops they call it "Kopi Luwak". I will probably try this next time.

Our Recommendation Rating: 8-9 / 10


Barako Haus Coffee Shop is a good place to have coffee, chit-chat with friends, study, and "uyab-uyab" as what babe said. LOL! It's spacious and can accommodate groups. There are books-to-read for free if you want to kill time.


There were a few students studying during that time. Original pinoy music is played in the background.


There is free WiFi, good lighting, and the place is air-conditioned. Parking area is adequate. There was even a security guard looking over our car during that night. The place is clean including the comfort rooms. Male and female CRs are separate from each other.

Overall, we had a good time in this nice place.

The coffee shop is open everyday from 7 AM to 10 PM. It is a must-try for everyone to try their local products. I've included a google map location below just in case you're interested.

More Pictures Of The Place












No comments:

Post a Comment