September 4, 2015

Avalanche Ice Cream Shop Cebu Experience


It was 30th of August 2015, we decided to get dessert after dinner. It was raining and cold but it did not stop us from choosing ice cream for dessert despite the "already" weather.

Avalanche Ice Cream Shop officially opened last July 2015. It is located along Anita's Building, Osmena Boulevard Corner J. Llorente Street, Capitol Site.

When we got there, the place was full. We asked the cashier what time they were going to close so that we'll just come back. As we where about to leave, fortunately one table was vacated. How lucky.

Here is their menu:

I got back again at the cashier, and asked what's their best seller Ice cream. She recommended we try their Honey Butter Milk and Signature Chocolate. So we did. Each costs 95 pesos.


What's so special about Avalanche Ice Cream?



They use liquid nitrogen in preparing their ice cream. This chemical is so cold that precautions have to followed when using it.

I've been familiar with liquid nitrogen already before. I remembered that it was used as a cooling liquid for overclocking computer processors at high performance level so as not to overheat and fry them.

Here is their liquid nitrogen tank:
I really do not know the safety standards for the placement of liquid nitrogen tanks but I hope it's safe.

Freezing isn't it?


Every time liquid nitrogen contacts a surface, it smokes, a cold-smoke. Like the one you'll see in the movies when there's an avalanche. I guess that's where they got their brand name. It literally freezes the ice cream in an instant. I wonder what happens if you accidentally pour liquid nitrogen on your finger? And, does it costs less for the management using liquid nitrogen compared to using the standard ice cream machine? (The ones you'll see in Seven Eleven, McDo, Jollibee, etc.)


The Taste? 10 / 10


Compared to ice creams I've tasted before, Avalanche's is quite a stand out. I had a hard time describing the consistency of their ice cream but like comparing a meat, it's meatier, unlike some ice cream that feels like there's "air" inside.


I'd really commend trying their best seller. I appreciate their style in making the ice cream. It's one of its kind here in Cebu but it's sad that they only have a limited number of seats.



If I recall, there was like only 4 tables inside. No comfort room or lavatory, and no, you can't park on the side of the road because it is a no parking zone. I hope they can do something better with the place. Nah, who cares? Like what they've placed on their wall, "ICE CREAM solves everything". Maybe I'll just stick to that.


While we were eating, I decided on taking a new leap for Pure Adventures In Cebu blog, and decided I take videos about the food adventure places we go in to.

Please do check it on YouTube, link below. And please don't forget to subscribe.


No comments:

Post a Comment